Wednesday, September 26, 2007

he's my brandy alexander, always gets me into trouble

in the past few weeks, i've made an effort to excite my weekda routine, and so far, it's working. the staples of the week are wednesday (yoga in the evening, movie), and thursday (dinner with friends and tv). it's something i never did very much, doing anything but eating and sleeping on the weekdays when i had to work... never very spruced. now i look forward to the weekdays, to my wednesday when i go to yoga and forget about my world, go home and relax; and thursday when i get to get out of my house and indulge willfully in fluffy television and camraderie.

all of this weekend activity i think is really contributing to my fairly good state of mind. aside from the conflicting emotions i'm having about my job (everyday i feel like i want it as my last day, but then i think twice about all the benefits i take for granted), i really have it good. i'm reconnecting with friends, roommates, with my art, myself. it's great.

but of course, there are those problems that will never leave you.

if there is one thing i lament, it's my lack of cooking these days. my current kitchen is anything but conducive to catering. enough for a basic rice and veggie dishes, but not for an hour long sesh of cooking craziness like i used to do, bastardized vindaloo's and boiled chicken and green beans, lemon curd tart and zucchini carob bread. time has become an issue too. i have little excuses to waste time, because i have a studio, a fabulous one at that; i have all i want/need. i'd rather go shopping with that time.

No comments: