Tuesday, October 23, 2007

blow out

so, hello tuesday

today is one of those days where my mind is more ambitious than my body. i just completley crashed after work. i'm up now, but it's 630 and precious time gone...

anyway.

yesterday i heard nirvana on the radio several times, randomly on different stations.

i had a golden moment with a student today. marzella (no nickname), a girl who used to give me such a hard time and has more energy than anyone else in the room at a given time, came by my room during lunch on her own to eat her food and talk. it was so cute. she was tellin gme how much she likes me as a teacher, and how much she likes the class, and how she is excited she is doing well in my class and wants to keep working to get out of special ed. and knows she can have a bad attitude at times, but is working hard to not become so frustrated so easily. it was so adorable. i generally play the stone cold heartless teacher off hours, but this was too genuine to resist.

i unexpectedly received a mix cd in the mail.

my new favorite magazine is elle. i think in ways it's a lot better than vogue, because it's still high fashion and classy, but also very accessible and kind of, well, sassy. i could see myself becoming a subscriber. i also can't resist a magazine who is a fan of scarlett johansson (she' son this month's cover), because she's awesome and kind of my celebrity doppelganger. i'm a sucker, no need to tell me twice.

someone told me i should write a song about how the rainbow sticker i left on my bedroom window is still there after all these years.

2 comments:

Annie Wang said...

i just got that issue of elle! i had forgotten how much i love magazines. there are too many fucking ads though.

i guess its stories like those that keep teachers teachin' that's really cute!

i honestly think that you remind me more of charlize theron than scarlett johansson.

Lia said...

i guess i'm too tall to be a scarlett doppelganger? i fucking love the dress on the cover though. so sexy and modern.