Tuesday, January 29, 2008

she rings like a bell through the night

so as fate has it, the one day when i am fully rested and ready for my day from hell, there of course, is no work to be had. of course.

involuntary day off. and up early!

yesterday i was telling my roommates about the story of my work day: the night before i got to bed around 3am and totally slept through my alarm and woke up at 952am, 8 minutes before the last subfinder call, after having missed about 6 or 7 calls. regretful that i have been irresponsible, i check for jobs and there is one waiting for me at a site i've been before for a full day's work! so i get there at 11am, and there are only 2 kids and like 6 teachers. i went out to lunch (and ate an awesome burrito, finally) and relieved the duties from one of the teachers, sat around and read a book on typography, and got home at 315. and got paid for a full day's work. i was so grateful and in disbelief. i felt i cashed in good karma. in response to this, james quipped that i am "grateful for my good fortune." i guess that's true. that's one thing i got going for me.

No comments: