Sunday, December 16, 2007

wherever i go, i will return

i had to migrate to the computer this morning while having breakfast because of a guest we have staying on our couch. normally, this is not something that bothers me, and he is one of those people that is totally courteous and pleasant but kind of to an annoying extent, and exaggerated and caricatured. like this morning; i walk into the kitchen at 1230pm intent on making a nice plate of scrambled eggs and coffee, but instead i see our guest on my favorite chair in the sun, reading. silence.

"good morning," i say quietly.
"OH GOOD MORNING," with a tense and genuine over-enthusiasm.

more silence. but i can sense his desire to act like he isn't there, even though his presence is so expansive it's almost viral. as i start to make my eggs, i hear him making these unnecessarily large quips at his book:

"HMPH... HMM!"

... suggesting perhaps, should i inquire what is so intriguing?

in my freshly brain cells demolished state, i choose not to indulge him and really pretend he isn't there. and begin to feel annoyed, and invaded in my living room, on my favorite chair in the sun that i might have enjoyed my cup of coffee on.

after my eggs are done, i am thoroughly annoyed and involuntarily obligated to move to my studio, where is the only place i can peacefully and un-irkfully eat my first meal of the day.

_____________________________________


that was a very literary entry wasn't it? i can't remember any time when i've written dialog like that.

&c.

No comments: